Key Features of the Jmeter Tool
- Users have reported successfully running 1000 threads in a single JMeter instance.
- JMeter thread can be the equivalent of 10 or more users
- Jmeter load Reports shown the aggregate graph including Mediation, Average, Deviation, Throughput
- Jmeter can generate the various Assertion Reports
- JMeter may be used to test performance on static and dynamic resources such as static files, Servlets, FTP servers, Java Objects, Databases, Perl/CGI scripts, Queries,
- Jmeter tool highly portable server benchmark as well as multi-client load generator
- Jmeter is Platform independent
- Jmeter tool have lot many configuration mechanism like HTTP Request,FTP Request, java request , SOAP Request
- This tool mainly used for performance testing (load, stress) as well as functional testing
- User can apply automation frame work (data driven, parameter)
Limitation of the JMeter Tool
- It does not support recording SSL (HTTPS).
- User can’t write its own script, or change any recorded script
Performance Testing using JMeter
Below are the Steps followed for performance testing using JMeter?
- Go to C:\apache-jmeter directory
- Go to the Lib
- Start the JMeter server (windows batch file)
- Start the JMeter (Batch file)
- Go to the JMeter:
- Add the Test plan
- Add the Thread group
- Add the JMS point to Point
Set the properties >
- First add the name
- Add the Queue connection factory (Default ) :
- QueueConnectionFactory :> QueueConnectionFactory
- Time in mili second :100
- Content : enter any content
- JNDI Name Request :> queues. Sample
- JNDI Properties : com.tibco.tibjms.naming.TibjmsInitialContextFactory
- Provided URL : tcp://localhost:7222
1. Select JMS Point to Point
Step 2 Select the Thread > Add > Sampler
Step 3. Add the Listener
Step 4: Start the EMS server and Administrator referring the valid credentials
Step 5: Go to the TIBCO Designer and send the request (Directory service) or you can send the request via Soap UI as well
Step6: Go to the JMeter : Run (Remote start all)
Step: 7 Verify the Report Aggregate report
What is Test plan in Soap UI and its features?
In Soap UI adding the Test plan where all the test settings are define for Example: you can add the Thread group and tear down thread group etc.
Test plan provide the easy way to add the class path setting in the specific Test plan like you can add the jars file and directories
Utility of threaded group in SOAP UI
The Threaded group defines a pool of user that will execute test case against your server , Threaded group is basically used to control the number of thread , number of times to perform the test and optionally start and stop time
If you are using scheduler configuration then JMeter runs the threaded group until either number of loops is reached or the duration/end time is reached whichever occurs first .
Condition is only checked between samples when the end conditions is reached then thread will stop
Key features of LISA Tool
- LISA provides a single, easy to use integrated environment for developing staging and monitoring tests.
- No coding required to perform the Test
- Batch Execution
- Rich Reporting includes graph, pie chart and detail summary.
- Load & Performance Testing
- Web Apps performance Monitoring
- Batch Execution
- Test can be performed on the various environments without changing the script.
- Functional Testing
- Virtual Service Environment (creating the stub environment & simulating the back end functionality).
Edition available in the LISA and its utility
LISA has to editions called
- LISA workstation edition
- LISA Server Edition
LISA Workstation: In this edition tests are managed and run under the Test manager environment, with this edition you can only use Test Manager.
LISA Server: In this edition test are run in the server environment Test manager connects to the server to deploy and monitor tests that where developed in the Test manager.
Test manager is one of four applications that make up the LISA server environment.
List of Prerequisite if user wants to use the Test manager (server Edition) in LISA Tool
If we are using the server edition then there should be at least one instance should be running of each of the following
- Test Registry: A Registry that keep track all the coordinator and simulators server, Test manager attaches to the this registry
- Coordinator Server: Receive the information in the xml formats and coordinates the test run on the one or more simulator server. The coordinator server manages metric collection and reporting
- Simulator Server: Runs the test under the supervision of the coordinator server. the simulator server instantiates the virtual users to run the test instance against the system under test and virtual user can be distributed among the simulators servers.
Filters and how it is used in the LISA tool
Filters is LISA code element that runs before and after a test step, filters can be defined on each step or it can be defined globally
- ITR (Interactive Test Run) utility in LISA
- Interactive Test runs Utility (ITR) to verify the test case design step by step.
- In addition to the LISA installation on a Windows NT or better machine, the following is also required.
- An install of the .NET 2.0 SP1 run time (or newer)
- A public jre (1.4 or greater) if you intend to test java applications or use HTTP recording
Testing Supported by LISA
- Unit Testing
- Functional Testing
- Regression Testing
- Integration Testing
- Load Testing
- Performance, Monitoring
- SOA Governance
- Service Virtualization
UI Tools supported by the LISA Tool
Middle ware Supported Technologies by the LISA Tool
- TIBCO ActiveMatrixTM SOA
- TIBCO Information BusTM
- TIBCO RendezvousTM
- TIBCO Business WorksTM
- TIBCO HawkTM
- Other JMS/ESB systems
- Web Services (WSDL/SOAP)
- JEE/EJB applications/servers
- JDBC/SQL databases, File systems
- POJO, RMI, other Java Web UI (including HTTP, AJAX, Flash, Swing, more)
- Junit/Ant integration